Waiver and Policies
Due to a family health emergency and the resultant life changes, retirement is unexpectedly upon us and we will not be offering any kayak trips in addition to those currently listed on our Trip Calendar.
Please feel free to register for one of our remaining Public Trips or Special Events including the May 27 Peace of the Susquehanna for Northcentral PA Conservancy (register with us), the 2018 Schuylkill River Sojourn (register at https://www.schuylkillriver.org/sojourn.aspx) and the June 23 Loyalsock River of the Year (register at https://afitevent.formstack.com/forms/sunrise_sunset_susquehanna).
If you've been on a trip with us in the past, and haven't yet downloaded your Trip Photos, please do so. They will no longer be accessible after May 10, 2019.
Check back here later this summer for information on boat, equipment, and trailer sales.
A heartfelt thank you to all of our fellow paddlers, friends, and supporters; it's been a great (river) run...
- The Quants
(P.S. If you want a guided kayak tour and can't join us in May or June, we're sure you'd have a great time with our friends at Southern Tier Kayak Tours (NY), Take It Outdoors Adventures (PA and Switzerland), Blue Mountain Outfitters (PA), and The Bad Adventure Company (CO and Worldwide).
Get the low-down on Canoe Susquehanna's trip rules and policies. Download our Waiver to fill out and bring with you to the trip meeting.
- All guests on Canoe Susquehanna trips must sign the Canoe Susquehanna Waiver.
- Guests under the age of 18 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their Canoe Susquehanna Waiver. If your group includes minors not accompanied by their parents or legal guardians, waivers must be signed prior to the day of your trip.
- Waivers can be downloaded using the link to the Printable Canoe Susquehanna Waiver below, printed, filled out prior to your trip, and brought to your trip.
- Waivers will also be available on the day of your trip.
- Full payment is required to book a private guided canoe or kayak trip or space on a public guided canoe or kayak trip.
- Space on a trip is reserved when payment is received. Paying with a credit card reserves space on a trip immediately. Paying with a check or money order reserves space on a trip when the check clears, so be sure to plan ahead.
- All cancellations must be made by calling 570-524-7692 or by confirmed email receipt.
- Cancellations made more than 3 days (72 hours) before a trip will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 3 days (72 hours) before a trip will receive a 50% refund and a 50% credit toward a future trip with Canoe Susquehanna.
- A core goal of Canoe Susquehanna is to provide our guests with an enjoyable time on the water. To that end, we will sometimes cancel a scheduled trip or change the route for that day based on weather &/or water conditions. If we need to cancel a trip or change a day's route, our guests may choose to receive a full refund or credit toward a future Canoe Susquehanna trip.
Special Needs and Medical Conditions
- We are able to accommodate a wide range of abilities on our river trips. If you have any special needs or medical conditions that might affect your participation in and enjoyment of your Canoe Susquehanna trip, please talk to us about it by phone or email prior to your trip.
Alcohol and Drug Use
- Guests may not use alcohol or drugs while participating in a Canoe Susquehanna trip.
- Guests who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate in a Canoe Susquehanna trip.