Since Canoe Susquehanna guided trips usually operate rain or shine in late spring, summer, and early fall, it's important to dress for the weather. Shorts and t-shirts or swimsuits are appropriate on warm summer days, but additional layers may be necessary at other times of the year.
In the cooler spring and fall, avoid wearing cotton garments while paddling, as wet cotton is actually colder than bare skin and does not dry as fast as synthetic fabrics. Rain, wind, or cold temperatures may make rain gear, windbreakers, and layers of wool or polyester fleece desirable.
For your protection, you must wear some type of shoe or sandal for the entire duration of your trip with us. Your feet and footwear will get wet while you get in and out of your canoe or kayak, so wear footwear that you won't mind getting wet. River sandals, aquasocks or old sneakers are good choices.
You may wish to consider bringing some of the following items:
- Any guest under 18 years of age who will not be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian must bring with him/her a Canoe Susquehanna Waiver signed by his/her parent/guardian. (See our Waiver and Policies page for details.)
- A beverage of your choice (please, no glass containers and no alcohol)
- A snack of your choice
- A brimmed hat, sun block, sunglasses, and a glasses strap
- Rain and/or wind gear (depending on weather)
- A change of clothes for after you get off the water
- Prepared Canoe Susquehanna Waivers for everyone in your party in order to save time at the start of the trip. (See our Waiver and Policies page for details.)
Each trip description on the Calendar features a Google map and GPS Latitude/Longitude for directions to the meeting location of your trip. Please note that different trips meet at different locations - make certain that you arrive at the correct meeting location.
Plan to arrive a few minutes before the scheduled meeting time, the pre-trip meeting will start promptly. If you are coming from out of our immediate area, be sure you leave adequate time for travel and finding the meeting location.