Port Penn Paddle
Start with a walking tour of Port Penn historic site, and finish with the thrill of running a small set of waves formed by 19th century canal remains.
2017 Public Port Penn Paddle Trip Dates:
- Saturday, July 29 1pm-5pm
All end times are approximate.
All Canoe Susquehanna Trips Include:
- Well maintained boats and paddles
- Life jackets (PFDs)
- Dry bags to keep spare clothing dry
- Snacks and water
- Water blasters!
- Digital photos of your adventure
- Ride back to your car in one of our bright yellow buses.
- Paddling Instruction, Local History, and Wildlife Information from our friendly, expert guides!
You begin your five mile paddle from Muncy to Montgomery with a walking tour of Port Penn. Near the end of your river fun you may have an opportunity to ‘play the wave’ formed at the remains of a 19th century canal dam. Along the way, you will have ample time to enjoy the other paddlers, improve your paddling skills, and watch for osprey and bald eagles!
Everything is included for just $45 per person. ($35 if you use your own gear.) Reservations are required.
Email betsy@PaddleHappy.com or phone 570-524-7692 to reserve your river adventure.
montgomery river access
GPS: 41.167362,-76.870491 & 41°10'02.5"N 76°52'13.8"W
Nearest Street address: 400 2nd St, Montgomery, PA17752