Due to a family health emergency and the resultant life changes, retirement is unexpectedly upon us and we will not be offering any kayak trips in addition to those currently listed on our Trip Calendar.
Please feel free to register for one of our remaining Public Trips or Special Events including the May 27 Peace of the Susquehanna for Northcentral PA Conservancy (register with us), the 2018 Schuylkill River Sojourn (register at https://www.schuylkillriver.org/sojourn.aspx) and the June 23 Loyalsock River of the Year (register at https://afitevent.formstack.com/forms/sunrise_sunset_susquehanna).
If you've been on a trip with us in the past, and haven't yet downloaded your Trip Photos, please do so. They will no longer be accessible after May 10, 2019.
Check back here later this summer for information on boat, equipment, and trailer sales.
A heartfelt thank you to all of our fellow paddlers, friends, and supporters; it's been a great (river) run...
- The Quants
(P.S. If you want a guided kayak tour and can't join us in May or June, we're sure you'd have a great time with our friends at Southern Tier Kayak Tours (NY), Take It Outdoors Adventures (PA and Switzerland), Blue Mountain Outfitters (PA), and The Bad Adventure Company (CO and Worldwide).
Read carefully if you'd like to bring your furry friend!
We love dogs, but as you can certainly appreciate, they can add a lot of complication to your kayaking experience with us. So, if you'd like to bring your dog along, please read the following list of rules very carefully and make sure you can answer 'yes' to every one.
- Have you already paddled with us at least once without your dog?
- Are you already comfortable and steady in a kayak without your dog?
- Have you told us that you intend to bring your dog along on the river?
- If you are using one of our kayaks, have you chosen the model with your dog in mind?
- Is your dog comfortable with a surprise thunderstorm or other unexpected noises?
- Is your dog well-behaved with other dogs, both on-leash & off-leash?
- Is your dog well-behaved with new and/or loud people of all ages?
- Is your dog up-to-date on its vaccinations?
If you can answer 'yes' to all of these questions, we would love for you and your 'best friend' to join us on the water. If you have any concerns, or require further clarification regarding any of these points, please feel free to call or email us.